Wednesday 3 February 2010

Memories from my first encounter with tango

Dancing, the life of my body. I am in his arms and my senses are slowly retreating from the world. At last I cease hearing anything: I do not hear the music because the music is now within me, within us, in the moving connection of our bodies. I do not see him – he is too close; I see nothing and because I do not need them anymore, I eventually close my eyes. We are moving like two blind people. At first, I feel the skin of his neck, the nakedness of his foot, his hand gliding on my back, but these sensations disappear gradually. The limits between us become irrelevant, like the limit between the mouth and the nose, or between the breast and the chest – and are thus increasingly difficult to perceive. I am sinking into myself, now it is a different myself, entirely surrounded by his-myself, tenderly separating me from the rest of the universe. There is only one event within my new self: the dancing.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful writing! Lovely description, and that was just your first tango;-)! Welcome to Blogworld, and I'm looking forward to many wonderful tango stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, indeed.
    And maybe we
    will meet
    at the place
    of chains.

    ReplyDelete